Print This Page
Intravenous Drug Administration - three day study programme
- Date Avaliable:
- 24-26 April 2013
- 10am to 5pm
- Uxbridge Campus
- £360 - NHS London Strategic Health Authority funded places available
- 01494 603 171
About this study day
This programme is aimed at professionals (particularly from the community) who wish to embark on IV therapy training as it provides the theoretical component that underpins clinical practice. It offers strategic direction to implement services and encourage participants to consider their personal learning needs.
It is also suitable for staff who wish to refresh their knowledge.
In acknowledgment of meeting the RCN IV Forum Education standards (2005) the content of the 3 days covers:
- Legal, professional and ethical issues
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Mathematical calculations
- Local and systematic complications
- Generally used drugs in IV therapy
- Infection control issues in IV therapy
- Use of equipment
- Care and management of vascular devices
- Drug administration
- Risk management/health and safety
- Information and education of patients
- Awareness of chemotherapy issues
Please note that the attendance of this study day is theoretical. Students are advised they must have access to supervision and assessment in practice in order to administer drugs in the clinical area.
A supervision and assessment programme is offered by the University.
How to make an application
We hope to have a fully on-line application system shortly, but in the meantime, to apply for a study day, please download and print the form, completing it fully and posting back to the address below.
- Study_Day_Application_form (47.5 KB) - Application Form - Study Days
If you are unable to view the forms, please click here to download a free version of adobe reader.
Alternatively, if you call us on 01494 603 171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org we can post you a hard copy application pack.