Print This Page
Bedside Emergency Assessment Course for HCA’s (BEACH)
- Date Avaliable:
- Wednesday 27 February 2013 and Wednesday 12 June 2013 (morning)
- 10am - 2pm
- Uxbridge Campus
- £60 - NHS London Strategic Health Authority funded places available
- 01494 603 171
About this study day
This half day course aims to equip Health Care Assistants (HCA’s) or Clinical Support Workers (CWS’s) to recognise physiological signs of patient deterioration & to communicate this effectively within the clinical team. The course is suitable for those working in the acute hospital and also the community sectors.
The programme will cover:
- Recognition of airway, breathing & circulation problems/deterioration.
- Strategies to promote effective handover of urgent clinical information.
- How to prioritise clinical duties.
- Simulated clinical scenarios.
The course will be taught using presentations, group discussion, simulation and will supported by a course workbook, which students will receive prior to the day.
For further information or to register a place on this programme please contact Andrea McDonald on 01494 522 141 ext 5776 or email firstname.lastname@example.org