You will directly influence the health and well-being of other people.
You will never stop learning: about health, about illness, about people and the world we live in.
You will rarely have two days the same.
You will have a range of careers rolled into one: as you develop you can diversify and specialise.
Excellent career opportunities. Although many qualified nurses work in hospitals, nurses can also work in a variety of settings, including:
- general practice surgeries
- community settings i.e. school nurse, health visitor
- outpatient day surgery
- nursing homes
- mental health services
- private health care providers,
- prison nurse,
- the armed forces
- teaching and assessing roles
- researcher – promoting advances in health care and health promotion practice
Many of our students go on to be employed by the NHS Trust where they had their practice placement experience before going on to further studies and employment opportunities
Once qualified you could be looking at a starting salary in the region of approximately £22,000-£25,000 (as a registered nurse in the London area)